What better way to enjoy the sweet taste of Nutella than to pair it with french toast and strawberries. This delicious and succulent pairing is the perfect start in the morning for two.
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 teaspoons sugar
Juice of half a lemon
4 slices of bread (I used Italian)
About 1/2 cup Nutella
1 large egg
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
butter (for the pan)
Powdered sugar for serving
1. Combine the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to coat and set aside to macerate at room temperature.
2. Spread desired amount of Nutella over 2 slices of bread. Top each with the remaining bread. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
3. In a shallow dish or pie plate, whisk together the egg and milk. Whisk in the melted butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the heated skillet and swirl to coat.
4. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, soaking for 30 to 40 seconds per side. Add the slices to the pan in a single layer, taking care not to crowd the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until light golden brown. Flip and continue cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Add more butter as needed.
5. Transfer to a plate, dust with powdered sugar, then top with strawberries. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Mimosas pair oh so perfectly with this romantic breakfast for two. Until next time…
#valentinesday #14daysofinspiration #indulginginflavors