Fresh and seasoned grilled chicken, topped with melted mozzarella cheese, ripe tomato, and drizzled with a delicious Balsamic glaze with plenty of basil…this easy recipe is perfect to prepare for your sweetheart.
Caprese Balsamic Grilled Chicken
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 ounce fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
- 1 ripe field tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- Marinate the chicken in the balsamic vinaigrette overnight.
- Grill the chicken in medium-high heat until cooked and slightly charred, about 2-4 minutes per side before topping with the mozzarella and tomato and letting it heat until it just starts to melt.
- Serve topped with the basil and balsamic reduction.
Note: It’s best to marinate the chicken overnight but you can do it for less time or even skip it and rely on the balsamic reduction for the balsamic flavor.
Note: You can grill the chicken on a barbecue, in a grill pan or regular pan on the stove or broil in the oven.
Note: To make a balsamic reduction, simmer 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it has reduced by 1/2.
To pair with the Caprese Balsamic Chicken and its acidic notes (the citrus juice and the balsamic vinegar) I suggest an acidic red, Pinot Noir that works together to highlight the acid of the dish, and a Sauvignon Blanc to counteract it. The Sauvignon Blanc gives a more fruit-filled note that shows off the acid while highlighting the fruit in the wine.
Dim your lights, light some candles, turn on the soft music and enjoy this romantic dinner for two. Until next time…
#valentinesday #14daysofinspiration #indulginginflavors
Source: Closet Cooking