For the next 13 days, I will be posting delicious recipes in honor of couples celebrating Valentine’s Day. Instead of planning a night out with your sweetie, how about cooking a romantic dinner for two?
The first recipe that I am sharing for two is Lobster Tail Salad with Truffle Oil.
2 small green lobster tails (or 1 large)
Sea salt and black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
60g fine green beans
3 ripe red tomatoes
2 tbsp truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salted capers, rinsed
1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated
Handful of baby rocket leaves or mache
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
3 tbsp small basil leaves
Truffle oil or extra virgin olive oil for serving
1 lemon, quartered
- Preheat oven to 220C. Split the tails in half lengthwise with a cleaver and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy frying pan and place the lobster tails cut-side down. Sear over high heat for 2 minutes or until coloured, then place cut-side up in the oven and roast for 10-15 mins or until the lobster meat is no longer glassy.
- Cook the green beans in simmering salted water for 4 mins until tender, drain and run under cold water to cool. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, lightly mix the truffle or extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, capers, lemon zest and rocket or mache.
- Season with sea salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes, green beans, onion and basil leaves and lightly toss.
- Divide between two dinner plates, arrange lobster on top and drizzle with oil. Serve with lemon quarters for squeezing.
OH my! What a delicious combination of two for two. Until next time…